Book suggestions generated by members of the Austin College Book Club.
March 2021: Books of Interest
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- Vela Chronicles
- The Magpie Mystery
- The Travelling Cat Chronicles
- The Evening and the Morning – Ken Follett
- The Hamnet
- Outlawed – Anna North
- The Testament – Margaret Atwood
- Strange Practice
- Me and Sister Bobbie
February 2021: Suggested reads:
- A long way to a small angry planet
- Mexican Gothic
- Small Great Things
- The Sun Down Motel
- The Broken Girls
- The Magpie Murders
- The Midnight Library – Book for March
- The Scythe Trilogy
- The Lost and Found Bookshop
January 2021: Here are the books from last month and this month that were suggested (not a complete list for sure):
- Welcome to the Monkey House – short stories
- The Vanishing Half – Book for Feb*
- The Midnight Library – Goodreads choice award
- 9 Perfect Strangers
- A Nearly Normal Family
- The City We Became
- Magpie Murders (Book 1)
- Moonflower Murders (Book 2)
- How to be Successful without Hurting a Man’s Feelings
July 2020: Next book: Magic for Liars by Sarah Gailey. Other books suggested: The Guest List; Girl, Woman, Other; Testament; The Family Fang; The Dutch House; Commonwealth; Make Your Home Among Strangers; The Plague; and other books by Charlaine Harris (especially the Sookie Stackhouse novels).
Click here to open a Partial List of the books we’ve read since March 2014.
April 2020: Next book: City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert. ‘Comfort book’ suggestions: Harry Potter series, The Book of Ivy, Flat Broke with 2 Goats, Pride and Prejudice, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Just One Damned Thing After Another, the Narnia series, and anything by Alice Hoffman. Less comforting but good: The Stand by Stephen King.
July 2019: two books recommended by Amanda are ‘Inheritance ‘ by Dani Shapiro and ‘The Age of Light’ by Whitney Schafer.