I leave for Spring Quilt Market in Minneapolis on Wednesday. Lorna is going too—it will be her very first market! I am looking forward to sharing the experience with her :-).
We’ve been consulting over what to wear. There are times when I wish I could just put on a business suit and call it done. And then I get over that. Men’s clothes may be easy, but they lack the wild variety available to women. Wild variety is nice.
Since I’ll be shopping for you, I have questions that only you can answer…
- What would you like me to look for at market? I’m going to be on the lookout for applique-related notions but what else would you like to have available?
- If I bought pretty packs of wool, would you buy it? Small pieces, or larger pieces?
- Would you want wool that came with a pattern that I think is cute, but that is not a Piece O’ Cake pattern?
- What about pincushions? If you are excited about pin cushions, do you want ones that are already made or do you want to make them from a kit?
- There are lots and lots of fabric vendors available to you. I can’t compete with them but I thought I’d look for a few big prints that you might not find elsewhere. Is there something else that you can’t find that you think I should look for?
I’ll post to instagram while I’m away. I may post photos of different things to get your opinion. I’m sure you will feel free to tell me what you think :-).
And, because I can’t leave without adding a photo, here is strawberry glamour shot that I took this morning. My photo challenge homework this week is ‘red’. Strawberries are in season… what more can I say. I’ll have more strawberry photos uploaded to my smugmug page later today.