(FYI: Melissa Gerber was chosen by the random number generator to be the winner of the ebook.)
Welcome to you who are visiting today as part of the tour celebrating Kathy Doughty’s new book, Organic Appliqué! Kathy is my friend who just also happens to be a wonderful quilter with excellent quilting and design skills. You can also find this post on Instagram @beckygoldsmith.
Organic Applique is packed with good information about color and design. I was struck as I read the book by the ways Kathy’s take on color is similar to, but different from, my own. In fact, I think that my book, The Quilter’s Practical Guide to Color, and Kathy’s Organic Applique are a perfect pair.
Kathy asked us to interpret a pattern from her book as if we were making it. I chose the pattern “Stolen Moments”. The video walks you through the way I would color this quilt. I hope you enjoy it!
For a chance to win an Organic Applique e-book, leave a comment on this post or on the Instagram post. A winner will be chosen tomorrow.
Be sure to visit the next tour host, Rachael Daisy, on Instagram @bluemountaindaisy tomorrow.
Here are the other tour stops:
- Monday August 26 Wendy Williams @flyingfishkits
- Tuesday August 27 Natalie Barnes @beyondthereefpatterns
- Wednesday August 28 Becky Goldsmith @beckygoldsmith
- Thursday August 29 Rachael Daisy @bluemountaindaisy
- Friday August 30 Scott Hansen @bluenickelstudios
- Saturday August 31 Maria Shell @talesofastitcher
- Sunday September 1 Anna Maria Horner @annamariahorner