My mom made me a gluten free lemon pound cake! I told her early on that cake would make the job we are doing go so much better so she brought a new cake. Oh happy day!
Steve mostly had meetings today. He did have time in the morning to put down some thresholds and caulk the tub. Late in the day he changed more switches and began on another ceiling fan. I spent the day lining drawers and cabinets in the bathrooms and installing the elfa pullout drawers. I have to say that these were way easy to install. Better than any other brand I've ever installed. I think they are going to be great to use. I started installing them in the kitchen, one of which is below:
I spent a lot of time installing magnetic closures on all of the cabinet doors in the kitchen. Below you can see that the pantry doors really need to stay shut otherwise they get in the way of the back door. Now they don't.
The kitchen looks better with the cabinet doors shut as well.
We came home to find one corner of our sail shade had frayed and broken. Oh my. It's way too hot not to have the said shade up.
So I got out my seam ripper (as you can see) and then I went to JoAnn's for nylon webbing. I set up my Bernina 1130, threaded it with way too big a thread (which worked anyway) and got ready to fixi this thing…
And now it's fixed…
I went to the site where we bought the sail shade and discovered that the shade cloth has a 10 year warranty but my guess is that the webbing is not covered. Darn. But luckily I can sew and Steve can rip. We'll fix the other corners when we take the shade down in a few weeks (or months).